Learn To MeditateProcedure for Meditation on the Twin Hearts
Learn to Meditate: Twin Hearts Procedure
Meditation on the Twin Hearts is a simple 20 minutes guided meditation. According to Master Choa Kok Sui (in his book The Ancient Art and Science of Pranic Healing, 1992, Pages 227-239), “The Meditation on the Twin Hearts is a very powerful tool in bringing about world peace. Therefore, this meditational technique should be disseminated. The author hereby grants permission to all interested persons to reprint, recopy, and reproduce this chapter provided proper acknowledgment is made.” In this article you will learn to meditate by understanding the steps in Twin Hearts. After learning how to meditate on the Twin Hearts, you would be able to practice by yourself aided the guided audio recording. The guided audio recordings are available via our Online Pranic Healing Shop.
Do note that physical and psychological conditions of each practitioner vary. If discomfort or adverse effects are experienced, the practitioner is advised to stop the meditation immediately.
How to Meditate: Steps in Twin Hearts
1. Cleansing Exercise. Cleanse the etheric body by doing simple physical exercises for about five to ten minutes. During the exercise, light greyish matter, or used-up Prana, is expelled from the etheric body. Physical exercises also minimize possible pranic congestion since the meditation generates a lot of subtle energies in the body. Exercise is not optional.
2. Sit in a comfortable position. You may now sit comfortably either on the floor (in a position such as the Padmasana semi-lotus position) or on a chair. If you are sitting on a chair, try and sit erect without leaning on its back. Assume a receptive pose – your spine erect and palms turned upwards, resting on your lap.
3. Invoke for Divine Blessings. The invocation is important to one’s protection, help and guidance. Without the invocation, the practice of any advanced meditational technique can be dangerous. You may choose your own words and language depending on your faith or religion.
4. Connect the tongue to the palate. Keep your tongue touching the palate throughout the meditation. This is to facilitate and complete the circulation of energy in the body.
5. Activating the Heart Chakra. Press the center of your chest (heart area) with your finger or a few seconds. Recall a happy event you have experienced. Smile at your heart chakra. (If you are unfamiliar with the concept of chakras, you may read about it in more detail in an article published in our online magazine).
6. Activating the Crown Chakra. Press the top of your head for a few seconds. Recall a happy event you have experienced. Smile at your crown chakra.
7. Bless the Earth with the Heart Chakra: Raise your hands with your hands facing outward. Imagine the earth in front of you at the size of a small ball. Concentrate on the front heart chakra and bless the whole world with loving-kindness through your hands. The blessing should not be done mechanically. When blessing the entire earth, visualize it as a small ball in front of you, being filled with dazzling bluish pink light. During the blessing, visualize people smiling and filled with joy, faith, hope, and peace. Visualize enemies reconciling, embracing and forgiving each other. You should also personally feel joy, happiness, and peace filling your entire being while blessing the earth. Do not direct these blessings to infants, children or individuals because they might be overwhelmed by the intense energy generated by this meditation. You may use the prayer of Saint Francis Assisi while blessing the earth.
8. Bless the Earth with the Crown Chakra: Then bless the planet earth with loving-kindness from the crown chakra through your hands. Feel the same positive energies you evoked in the previous step. Visualize brilliant white light from your crown chakra flowing through your hands blessing the entire earth.
9. Blessing with both Crown and Heart Chakras. Bless the earth simultaneously from both the Crown and Heart chakras with golden light. This will align the two chakras and make the blessing more potent. Feel the same positive energies you evoked in the previous steps.
10. Achieving Illumination. For illumination (expansion of consciousness), visualize a point of dazzling white light on top of your head and simultaneously chant mentally the mantra OM (you may also use the mantra Amen or Amin if you choose to). Concentrate on the intervals or gaps (moments of silence) between the OM’s, while maintaining your concentration on the point of light. Do this for about 10 to 15 minutes. When you can fully concentrate simultaneously on the point of light and on the intervals between the OMs, you will experience an inner explosion of light. Continue with your meditation. Relax and let go.
11. Releasing Excess Energy. After meditation it is important to release all excess energy by blessing the earth through your hands, with light, loving-kindness, peace, and prosperity for several minutes until you feel your body has normalized. Do not direct these blessings to infants, children or individuals because they might be overwhelmed by the intense energy generated by this meditation. Blessings may be directed to organizations and nations. Continue blessing if you still feel congested; otherwise the excess energy may cause headaches and chest pains. The physical body may also deteriorate in the long run if there is too much energy in the etheric body.
12. Grounding or Rooting. Grounding is another technique to release excess energy from your body by blessing the earth. Gently be aware of the base of the spine. Project your consciousness down into the earth and imagine light descending into the earth three meters or 10 feet deep. Bless Mother Earth with divine love, divine light and divine power.
13. Giving thanks to the higher beings for the divine blessing. This is very important. Master Choa always invoked for divine blessing before and after the meditation. You may choose your own words and language depending on your faith or religion.
14. Massaging and Physical Exercises: This step facilitates the assimilation of the Pranic and spiritual energies, thereby enhancing the health of the practitioner. Although the etheric body will become very bright and strong, the visible physical body will become weak because it will not be able to withstand the leftover energy generated by the meditation in the long run. It is very important to massage and exercise your body after the meditation; otherwise, the visible body will inevitably be weakened. Massaging would minimize congestion and facilitate the smoother flow of energy in your body. Towards releasing additional excess energy please do the same set of physical exercises that you did before the meditation. This step is not optional.
In some cases practitioners might tend to feel “spaced-out” even after doing through massaging and a set of physical exercise. This would tend to happen because the practitioners’ energy body might be congested and hence is not able to assimilate the energy generated by the meditation. The situation can be easily remedied by doing another set of the prescribed physical exercises.
Can anyone practice the Twin Hearts?
In general yes, but there are a few exceptions. The people with the following conditions and qualifications should avoid meditating on the Twin Hearts:
- Anyone below 16 years of age
- Those with heart trouble, hypertension, glaucoma and severe kidney and liver ailments (hypertensive people who are on medication can do the meditation provided they skip the OM chanting part.)
- Heavy smokers (They should have their lungs and back heart and front heart chakras cleaned thoroughly before doing the meditation.)
- Pregnant women should avoid excessive practice on The Meditation for Peace since the excess energy may cause congestion on the foetus.
- Persons with regular alcohol consumption or use of addictive and hallucinogenic drugs.
- The Meditation should not be practiced while driving or doing critical functions.
Doing this meditation can have adverse effects to the people with the preceding conditions. People with the above qualifications who insist on practicing the meditation do so at their own risk. It is also suggested that you abstain from eating pork, eel and catfish if you want to practice the Meditation on the Twin Hearts regularly.
The guided Meditation on Twin Hearts for Peace and Illumination is available audio cassette and CD form in the voice of Master Choa Kok Sui and are available via our Online Pranic Healing Shop.