Meditation on the Twin HeartsA powerful tool for Spiritual Development
Ancient wisdom and spiritual teachers have been telling us for centuries that meditation will make us happier and a better person. You might have been interested in doing meditation because you want to achieve calmness and stillness, or to have a healthier body, purer mind, or maybe to attract positive things, people and increase your good luck. Your intention might even be to manage your stress, to become happier, more intelligent, to develop intuition or achieve illumination. Your intention might even be more selfless and focused on creating a better world for all.
Whatever your intention may be, there is a simple yet effective technique that can take you there. We call it the Meditation on Twin Hearts.
Meditation on Twin Hearts is an advanced spiritual technique, which was given to selected disciples in the past, and now made public through by Master Choa Kok Sui in 1987. It is an advanced meditation technique aimed at achieving illumination or universal consciousness. It is also an instrument of world and community service that eventually harmonizes the earth by blessing it with loving-kindness, peace, joy and goodwill.
Of all the techniques developed and taught by MCKS, perhaps none prompts as many glowing testimonials of personal healing and positive life transformation as the 20 minute guided meditation on the Twin Hearts. Presently being practiced globally by tens of thousands of people of different religions and backgrounds, the Meditation on Twin Hearts is extraordinary in its simplicity with amazing and dramatic results.
The Principle Behind the Meditation
Meditation on Twin Hearts is based on the principle that some of the major energy centres of the body or chakras are entry points or gateways to certain levels or horizons of consciousness. The word “Twin Hearts” pertain to the heart and crown energy centres.
- The heart chakra is an energy centre in front of a person’s chest. It is the energy counterpart to the physical heart. The heart chakra is the centre for compassion, joy, affection, mercy, and other higher refined emotions.
- The crown chakra or the crown energy centre, also called the spiritual heart is located on top of the head and is the entry point of higher spiritual consciousness.
To achieve illumination or cosmic consciousness, it is necessary to sufficiently activate the crown chakra. This can be done only when the heart chakra is sufficiently activated. Only by developing the higher refined emotions can one possibly experience divine love. When the crown centre is highly developed, one experiences Divine Love and Oneness with All.
Twin Hearts Benefits
Over the years practitioners are reported several benefits from the meditation. Some of these include:
- Greater Happiness and a Sharper Mind: This is the most noticeable effect of regular practice of Twin Hearts. Practitioners experience a tremendous amount of loving energy and an improved sense of well-being leaving them feeling happier and lighter, and translating into clarity of mind.
- Reduced stress, anxiety and depression: Practicing Twin Hearts is effective in disintegrating stress and unwanted/negative emotions from within your system. It is similar to taking a powerful “spiritual shower”.
- Improve your relationships: As you bless the entire earth with loving-kindness, you will be filled with love energy. This love brings harmony to your relationships. You may read more about the effect of Twin Hearts in harmonizing relationships here.
- Improved health: Once the divine energy flows through you, it naturally flushes the used up and unwanted energies within your system; so after the meditation you become a fresher and more energetic you. Regular practice of the meditation also helps in upkeep of good health.
- Increase good luck: The meditation creates an opportunity for you to become a channel to bless every person every being on earth with a better life. Once you make yourself available to serve, you create lots of good karma that shows itself in life as good luck.
Meditation on Twin Hearts has also shown to improve one’s Emotional Quotient. Emotional Intelligence is being aware of and handling emotions competently. Today more importance is given to Emotional Quotient than to Intelligence Quotient. Awareness of feelings of self and others and the ability to handles one’s feeling effectively are a great asset. Clever people become stupid and are unable to think when under the grip of strong emotions. The Meditation on Twin Hearts is as much ‘Them’ oriented as it is ‘I’ oriented. The awareness and sensitivity which develop through regular practice help enormously in relationships. This coupled with the technique of blessing others with good things in life that one personally desires, increases one’s competence in relating effectively. Emotional equilibrium is a great asset which benefits people in all walks of life. Improvement in scholastic performance has also been observed when Twin Hearts has been introduced at schools.
Interestingly the Meditation on the Twin Hearts has also provided to be effective for team building. During the meditation the practitioner experiences feelings of kindness and love generating a feeling of calmness and confidence facilitating co-operation. Instead of hostility, anger and suspicion the interaction with the group and others is from a feeling of emotional and mental well-being and contentment.
Research on Twin Hearts
Research and Scientific studies have been completed on the neurophysiological, psychological, and sociological and psychospiritual effects of the Meditation on Twin Hearts. These studies have been conducted in the most part by Glenn Mendoza, M.D. in New York USA and by Dr. Vrunda, Supriya Ghorpadkar and Dr. Sundaram in Bangalore, India. Some of the finding are as follows:
- Meditation on Twin Hearts showed measurable changes on the pattern of electrical activity through the brain by electroencephalograph (EEG). Comparing EEG studies before and after meditation, there was a dramatic transition from beta waves to alpha waves and delta-theta waves in 14 meditators and non-meditators.
- There was an observable increased in brain synchrony (alpha-delta-theta waves) between the two hemispheres of the brain after the Meditation on Twin Hearts. There was synchronization of brain waves initially between the same hemisphere and followed by synchrony between the frontal, middle and rear portions of the brain.
- There was a decrease in heart rate and respiratory rate of up to 15-20% and an increase in oxygen saturation after the Meditation on Twin Hearts
- A positive relationship of skin conductance before and after the Meditation was observed in all subjects.
- The Meditation on Twin Hearts was found to show a dramatic muscle potential measurement through electromyogram (EMG) of the scalene and extensor muscles of the arms.
- There was significant increase in neurohormones serum Serotonin and plasma Melatonin (up to 300%) following Meditation on Twin Hearts in a pilot study of 17 subjects and a follow-up study of 35 subjects.
- No significant relationship between Meditation on Twin Hearts and beta endorphins was noted.
Recently Jeff Tarrant, PhD and Neus Raines, PhD used quantitative brain waves or EEG studies and saw differences between the brain waves of experienced and non-meditators of Meditation on Twin Hearts. Results revealed experienced meditators had significantly more gamma waves (30-90 Hz) at pre- and post- tests. These brainwave patterns were found particularly at the anterior and posterior cingulate cortex suggesting increased integration and activation of key brain regions with the ability to modulate attention and states of alertness. Increased gamma waves are observed in high levels of cognitive functioning particularly in successful professional athletes, entertainers and high performing professional musicians when they are “in the zone.” Psychological functioning assessments using the Brunel Mood Scale (BRUMS) and the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI), as well as questionnaires using the coping self- effacing scale and the Five Facet Mindfulness Questionnaire (FFMQ), also suggested that practice of Meditation on Twin Hearts effectively reduces anxiety and improves cognitive function and happiness – even if one practice for the first time.
Learn the Meditation on the Twin Hearts
While the Meditation on the Twin Hearts is an integral part of the MCKS Pranic Healing and Arhatic Yoga system, but can also be learnt independently. In general anyone can learn the meditation provided he or she is above 16 years of age and has reasonably good health. There are some exception, such as those with heart trouble, hypertension, glaucoma and severe kidney and liver ailments, and pregnant women. But the exceptions are few.
Meditation on the Twin Hearts is a simple 20 minutes guided meditation. The procedure for doing the Meditation on the Twin Hearts is fairly simple and takes under an hour. The Local Foundation holds regular sessions every Friday evening at 6.00 pm IST for introducing this beautiful meditation to those interested. These sessions are conducted free of charge. We cordially invite you to join us to experience this beautiful meditation for yourself. Please feel free to contact us in case you are interested in learning this beautiful meditation.