Pranic Healing and Reiki are both popular healing modalities which come to mind when you talk about energy healing. We are sometimes asked if these modalities are the same or are there major differences. There are both similarities and differences between the Pranic healing and Reiki. A detailed analysis of the two systems was presented a number of years ago by Master Pranic Healer Stephen Co (a direct disciple of Master Choa Kok Sui). The original article has been reproduced below to help you understand the points of similarities and difference between these two systems.
Similarities and Differences: Pranic Healing & Reiki
REIKI is a very good healing modality that helped many people, primarily through teaching those with little or no healing experience to access healing energies to help themselves and their loves ones. According to the REIKI Masters who have attended PRANIC HEALING classes (over 500 REIKI Masters have attended PRANIC HEALING classes since 1990 in the United States alone), as well as my own observations as a teacher and a healer, here are some of the major differences between PRANIC HEALING and REIKI:
- PRANIC HEALING is a complete non-touch system of healing. REIKI practitioners touch the body most of the time, but they also employ some non-touch techniques.
- PRANIC HEALING teaches its students to “scan,” or actually feel the aura, to assess areas of energy depletion and congestion, or stagnation, which helps identify problem areas that need healing. REIKI doesn’t use any energy assessment technique but relies on the intuition of the practitioners.
- PRANIC HEALING employs a manual cleansing technique called “sweeping” to remove blockages and stagnant energies before giving fresh energy to the patient; REIKI has no comparable technique. PRANIC HEALING believes cleansing is critical to the healing process because diseased energies and negative emotions have to be first removed before energizing the body to or they may manifest physically – and some times dramatically – through vomiting, loose bowel movement, a rash, a flu or other symptoms. Such expelling is often labeled as a “detoxification,” however, it is quite uncomfortable and can be prevented with proper cleansing. In fact, cleansing itself by permitting fresh energy to penetrate deeper into the body to be utilized as a healing.
- PRANIC HEALING employs a “cook-book” approach to healing. According to thousand of case reports gathered by the founder of PRANIC HEALING, Grand Master Choa Kok Sui, every ailment produces a unique set of energy patters that can be identified in the energy body’s 11 major chakras and numerous meridians. REIKI has essentially one energy technique – facilitating the flow of REIKI energy into whatever area needs healing – to address all health problems. PRANIC HEALING, by contrast, uses specific energetic routines of cleansing and energizing that are matched to the specific patterns of energetic deficiencies caused by a particular illness. PRANIC HEALING, thus, offers a quicker, more targeted and more effective system of healing.
- PRANIC HEALING teaches its practitioners to draw the energy directly from the sun, air, ground and other spiritual sources and then project this prana into their subject’s auras. REIKI practitioners have to be “initiated” by a REIKI Master and given “symbols” to access the healing energies. It’s similar to having to obtain a “password.” PRANIC HEALING employs simple breathing and visualization exercises that allow anyone to heal immediately with minimal instruction.
- PRANIC HEALING includes a practice called “energetic hygiene” that is rarely found in any healing modality, including REIKI. Energetic hygiene is a set of practices – breathing, dietary recommendations and other cleansing routines – that are designed to keep your personal energy tank clean and full. REIKI Masters attending PRANIC HEALING classes agree that energy hygiene is one of the greatest benefits of the class, particularly the techniques that enable them to cleanse themselves of contaminating energy they pick up from clients and how to prevent subjects or negative people from draining their life force. This is a particularly important for not only REIKI practitioners but also to other healthcare providers because these people frequently experience the pain or the ailment of their subjects become drained and tired after healing someone.
- PRANIC HEALING employs the use of colour energies that dramatically accelerate the body’s innate healing abilities. In fact, many REIKI Masters often say that if they have a subject who wants immediate relief or rapid healings they use PRANIC HEALING – particularly, the colored pranic techniques. But, if they have a subject who simply wants a relaxing and soothing session, they use REIKI
In summary, both PRANIC HEALING and REIKI are excellent healing modalities and help alleviate pain and suffering. However, PRANIC HEALING gives you the tools to produce faster and more immediate results while “immunizing” you against contamination from the people you are healing.
PRANIC HEALING complements any and all healing modalities. We always tell everyone, whatever your healing technique – shamanism, Native American techniques, Chinese chi kung, REIKI, massage therapy, chiropractic, Christian laying on of hands and even traditional orthodox medicine – PRANIC HEALING will complement and enhance it. We are here together to help create health and happiness for all.