Have you ever experienced a situation when something was bothering you, and you were unable to take your mind off it? You tried to think positive thoughts… but the negative thoughts just kept repeating in your mind like a stuck record? Sometimes these also cause you to experience anxiety and panic. Won’t if be helpful if there was something that could simply flush out all of these negative thoughts from our system?
Many of us have faced a similar situation at some point or the other in our life. Some of us have also tried the old maxim — “think positive”. But truth be told it is easier said than done. Research shows that when people are instructed not to think about a specific topic, it makes it even harder to get that topic out of their minds. Moreover, rehashing negative thoughts over and over in your head, also known as rumination, can be unpleasant and painful. In some cases thinking repeatedly about negative thoughts and negative emotions can even lead to chronic depression. This is because, as Master Choa Kok Sui taught, you become what you meditate upon.
So what can be done to quickly flush such negativity?
The effect of thinking negatively
Thankfully for us, we have had an excellent Teacher in the form of Master Choa Kok Sui who provided us with solutions for almost all of life’s problems. Before we look at the solution, let us look to understand what thinking negatively really does.
Thoughts and feelings are real and can influence us positively and negatively. Thinking or feeling produces what is called a thought forms or a thought entity. We think and feel every day, 365 days a year. You can imagine how many thoughts and emotions have accumulated inside your aura. The problem tends to be with negative thoughts and emotions which when generated. Negative thoughts and emotions are clairvoyantly seen as grayish clouds floating in the auras of ordinary people.
As one generates negative thoughts, one can also attract similar situations and people. Thinking negatively causes one to experience stress, low self-esteem, fear, sadness and other unwholesome emotions leading to ill health. While positive thinking leads to better health, favourable situations, and wholesome emotions (like good self-esteem, hope and faith, peace, and joy), amongst others. Why does this happen? This is based on the laws of the energy world, like attracts like.
Hence thinking negatively is injurious to our overall well-being. So how does one quickly flush out negativity from one’s system?
Flushing out Negativity
There are various techniques of cleaning our energy body of these unwholesome thoughts and avoid producing the same. Let’s look at some of the techniques which can be used:
1. Pranic Breathing: When in a stressful situation, it is advisable to practice Deep Pranic Breathing. Doing up to 12 cycles or more helps to cleanse and partially normalise the Solar Plexus Chakra, which is the centre for lower emotions and where most of the lower negative emotional energy gets lodged. Regularly practicing Pranic Breathing makes the aura bigger, brighter, cleaner and helps to partially normalise the chakras thereby helping one achieve control over the emotions and the mind.
2. Do the Soul Affirmation: The Soul Affirmation is a powerful tool to remind yourself of who you really are, to remind you that you are a child of God within; and therefore have everything you need within you. The tremendous downpour of spiritual energy into your system flushes out an disintegrates the clouds of negative thoughts and emotions thereby helping you become composed.
3. Chant a Mantra: Mantras such as “Om” ,“Amin“ and “Amen“ are all sacred universal sounds and are primitive in nature. The energy generated through these chants help to disintegrate negative energies both within ourselves as well as in the environment. Instead of wallowing in negative thoughts and emotions, chant a mantra when you are upset. Focus on the mantra and its energy, and you would soon notice that the negative situation is not affecting you so much.
4. Take an Energetic Shower: Another powerful technique that can be practice is the Meditation on the Twin Hearts. During the practice of this meditation there is a huge downpour of Divine Energy which has tremendous healing power, which literally “flushes” out the negative thought entities from the system of the practitioner, leading to peace, calmness and inner stillness. Other Arhatic Yoga meditations (such as the Meditation no the Inner Breath) also have a similar effect.
5. Pranic Inner Reflection and Firm Resolution: One can also practice Inner Reflection – to avoid acting, behaving, and thinking negatively in specific situations; followed by the practice of Firm Resolution – which is to to act, think, and feel positively in specific situations. Practicing this technique regularly removes the “tendency” to be stressed and upset.
6. Use the White-board Technique: This simple, but powerful technique, taught in the Pranic Psychotherapy can also be applied for erasing repeated negative thoughts and negative emotions from our system. Apply the white-board technique 7 times and you would be amazed at the results. Repeat as often as required.
7. Use the Blue Triangle: The blue triangle technique taught in Arhatic Yoga Preparatory Level is also an effective tool for removing festering negative thoughts and emotions from your system. This is one of the go-to techniques if you are an MCKS Arhatic Yoga graduate.
8. Don’t Pranic – Do Pranic: Application of Pranic Psychotherapy helps quickly disintegrate and remove negative thoughts and emotions from the system. It has also been seem to be particularly effective in deal with sadness, anxiety, panic attacks, grief, trauma and other such situations.
9. Do Service: It is said that the best medicine of a broken heart is to go out and help others. As the Prayer of St. Francis of Assissi teaches: “Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort, than to be comforted. To understand, than to be understood. To love, than to be loved.” It is through helping and healing others that we ourselves are healed.
Not only are the teachings of MCKS powerful, they are inherently simple and practical and can be used effectively in everyday life. We hope you found this article helpful.