The prayer invokes the three aspects of the Supreme God – light, love and power. In Hindu mythology, these three aspects are depicted as Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. In Islam these three aspects correspond to it is Allah Al-Khaliq, Allah Al-Wadud and Allah Al-Muqtadir; while in the Christian tradition, these aspects correspond to God The Holy Spirit, God The Son and God The Father.
Using this Prayer is an act of World Service. It can be used to manifest the Divine Plan of God by bringing down the energies of Divine Light, Divine Love and Divine Power into the consciousness of every person and every being living on Earth.
The Purpose of the Great Invocation
The Great Invocation is a universal prayer which was given to Alice A. Bailey through Holy Master Djwhal Khul as an instrument to help the Divine Plan fulfill itself on earth. The philosophy behind this prayer is that is that through invocation and meditation Divine Energies can be brought into activity to spiritualize and strengthen the troubled world. This also means that people, if united and focused, have the power to affect world events and usher in change for the better.
As the spiritual evolution of the Earth accelerating, so are the physical changes. There is hardly a week going by without the news of another natural disaster as well as acts of terrorism, crime, military conflicts, poverty etc. At this time Mother Earth needs tremendous amount of blessings, healing and protection. The Great Invocation, recited with humility and reverence, releases and harmonizes the Light, Love and Will aspect of God manifested through Humanity. The Great Invocation also has enormous healing and protection power. It is one of the most effective ways to harmonize and re-orient humanity toward Unconditional Love, Intelligent Mind and Common Goals of spiritual evolution according to the Divine Plan. Practicing the Great Invocation is part of a World Service.
Regular practice of the Great Invocation has also been highly recommended by Master Choa Kok Sui, the founder of Modern Pranic Healing and Arhatic Yoga.
Benefits of the Great Invocation
In addition to being a form of world service, this prayer has many other benefits.
- Regular practice of The Great Invocation is beneficial for all situations where we need divine blessings.
- Regular use of the great invocation brings more peace and harmony, more good luck, helps in harmonizing relationships
- Disintegrates negative thoughts and emotions floating within our aura.
- To a certain extent the practice of The Great Invocation energetically purifies the surroundings.
- Regular practice balances the chakras (Advanced Pranic Healing graduates are encouraged to experience and validate)
- This prayer results in balancing the qualities of Love, Light and Power within our soul manifesting as balanced development of the soul.
- Given that it is a form of world service, the practice of the Great Invocation also helps in generating lots of good karma.
- Finally any place where The Great Invocation is placed becomes like a beacon of Light providing Divine Protection for all.
This is one of the reasons the invocation poster was designed by Master Choa Kok Sui and subsequently has been in regularly production by the Institute for Inner Studies. The poster is also available for purchase at at Online Pranic Healing Shop.
Practicing The Great Invocation
The modified version of The Great Invocation by Master Choa Kok Sui can be used as a simple meditation by Pranic Healers and non-Pranic Healers since this invocation belongs to all humanity.
Recommended instructions for the use of this invocation is as follows:
- Invoke for Divine help and protection
- Raise your hands at your chest level in blessing position, with palms facing outwards
- Visualise Earth the size of a small ball in front of you
- Be aware of your crown (top of head), your hands and your feet
- Recite the prayer (once, thrice, or seven times – as you may choose)
- Release the excess energy by continuing to bless Mother Earth
- End with a short prayer of Thanksgiving
It is recommended that one practice the Great Invocation daily and get involved in Service to further maximize the opportunity for deep peace, healing and purification. You may also perform the invocation in front of the Great Invocation Poster if you have one.