The title of this article might sound flippant. It also might come across as click-bait. We assure you that it is meant to be neither. In general there are three types of people. The first (and more fortunate) are those who can fall asleep soundly as soon as their head hits the pillow. And then there is the second type who have insomnia and struggle to sleep and end up tossing and turning for a while. And there is finally a third category. These are people who do manage to sleep… but don’t feel rested. Not getting a good night’s rest is a problem. In reality the value of sound sleep is highly under-rated.
You may wonder why we are making such a claim. Look at the evidence. Visit the iTunes store or the Google Play store and search for apps which claim to help you sleep. You will notice that there is a slew of such innovations. Unfortunately, the inability to sleep properly (and soundly) is a problem that increasing number of people are facing. According to a 2017 McKinsey & Co report, the sleep-health industry (anything from bedding and sound control to sleep consultants and prescription sleep aids) “is collectively estimated to be worth between $30 billion and $40 billion and has historically grown by more than 8% a year, with few signs of slowing down”. These numbers are simply staggering!
Irrespective of how you look at this subject, there are a growing number of people who find it difficult to get a good night’s rest. Not being able to sleep soundly has other repercussions on your overall well-being. It can give rise to health issues, have an impact on your productivity levels, and even cause you to age faster.
So what can you do if you suffer from the problem of disturbed sleep (or no sleep)? As always the teachings of Master Choa Kok Sui can come to your rescue.
What causes Insomnia
There is speculation of the multiple causes of deep deprivation and a lot of ongoing research on insomnia. There are possibly multiple causes for this phenomena. But there is one primary cause. That is known as stress energy.
As MCKS taught us, “stress energy” is real. You may describe it in different ways (such as “I have something on my mind”), but these days people are getting more and more stressed out. The chief reasons for the same is today’s fast paced lifestyles, competitive workplaces, financial strains, being constantly bombarded for your attention, among others. These stressors create other pressures on different aspects of your life… such as your relationships. Very commonly husbands and their wives use each other as garbage cans given that they tend to “dump” their emotional garbage and stress on each other thereby straining marriages.
So what is this stress energy? Stress energy are a broad term to encompass the energies created when we experience negative emotion such as irritation, anger, resentment, sadness, frustration, anxiety, fear and all the others. Energetically stress energy looks like grayish clouds which float around in your aura. Energies such as these impede the free-flow of Prana in your body thereby manifesting as fatigue and pain.
To put this in context, how many of us suffer from neck pain and shoulder pain? Well, both of these are caused essentially by stress energy and anger. You would be very surprised. About 80-90% of adults do feel some degree of neck and shoulder pain.
Also, when you have stress energy floating around in your aura, it makes it all the more difficult to relax and feel peaceful. Those in turn affect our ability to fall asleep.
Having discuss the problem thoroughly, what might be the solution? Unsurprisingly (for those who are used to reading our articles) the solutions lie in the use and application of Pranic Healing principles.
Sleep problems? How Pranic Healing can help
There are lots of techniques taught by Master Choa Kok Sui that you can use if you have a problem falling asleep. Here goes.
1. Exercise: You may be surprised at the first one. But actually this is a helpful remedy. Exercise helps the body expel unwanted dirty and diseased energies. You might have noticed, that your mind tends to become still after a heavy workout. Exercise immensely helps in cleaning the aura of stress energy. Vigorous exercise is preferable… but if you are not able to do that, then 1-3 sets of preparatory pre-meditation whole body exercises taught by MCKS is very effective. Give that a shot.
2. Take a Salt Bath: Salt and water are natural cleansers and have been used since ancient times for purification. A salt bath with lukewarm water before bedtime is very good at disintegrating negative emotional energies. It helps you (partially) cleanse and remove the stress energy you may have gathered all day.
3. The Great Invocation: The Great Invocation is a powerful prayer for world service. However, it has several other applications and benefits. One of the benefits is that the prayer quickly balances all the chakras in the energy body. Doing this invocation for up to 7 times is usually sufficient to help you to get good sleep.
4. Cut Cords: Cords are energetic connections that you make to other and events that are affecting your life. Negative and unwanted energetic connections drain you of your life force or Prana, thereby pulling you down. By cutting these cords you disconnect from these negative situations and people in your life and tend to detach yourself from stressors. You can use the elementary technique taught in Basic Pranic Healing, or the intermediate technique taught in Pranic Psychotherapy, or the more advanced technique taught in Pranic Weight Loss, Body Sculpting and Face Lift to sever these connections from your aura and chakras. This instantly calms you down and will make it much easier to get a good night’s sleep.
5. Meditate: Doing any advanced meditation techniques is like taking a spiritual shower. The decent of the divine energy instantly flushes out the negative emotional energies from your aura making you feel lighter and more peaceful. The Meditation on Twin Hearts is a helpful practice in cleansing your aura. However, there are some who find it difficult to sleep at night after doing this meditation given its energizing effects. It is tougher to sleep if you are feeling energized and re-vitalized. Thankfully, within the Pranic Healing system, there is another meditation which is also suitable for cleansing the daily emotional garbage from our system at night. This mediation is also open to all (including non-Pranic Healers) and is called the Meditation on the Lord’s Prayer. A truly uplifting practice, you can get the book (and the accompanying CD with the guided meditation) via our Pranic Healing Shop.
6. Mantas: Mantras are words of power and can help you pull down Divine energy thereby flushing stress and other negative energies from our aura. Mantra practice for 10-15 minutes is effective in cleaning our energy body of unwanted negative energies. You could play the audio recordings by MCKS when you softly chant the mantra. You may also play the Om Shanti manta while you attempt to sleep given that the loving pinkish energy produced by this mantra is inherently relaxing and anti-insomnia. The audio recordings can be purchased online at our Pranic Healing Shop (the specific instructions for the use of mantras are also detailed in the product descriptions).
7. Healing: Another quick method is to do self-healing for stress. The basic protocol are available in the book The Ancient Art and Science of Pranic Healing while the more powerful protocol is available in Pranic Psychotherapy. In general 20-30 minutes of this protocol is sufficient to relax you. Those with a background in Pranic Crystal Healing can also try laying on the crystals technique for extracting all stress energy from your chakras. For people with a more chronic problem, you can also apply the protocol for Insomnia provided in the Advanced Pranic Healing book.
8. Pray: Finally, you can try Invocative Healing. Invocative Healing is done by praying (you can find this technique in your Pranic Healing textbooks). You can invoke to anyone you like (the Supreme God, Lord Krishna, Lord Christ… it really does not matter) and request that all the stress energy be removed from your aura and chakras. This is very effective if done with the right attitude and reverence. Just be still and receptive. And do make sure you offer a short prayer of thanks.
You don’t necessarily need to apply all these techniques together… though it is a good practice to exercise, take a salt bath, cut cords, do the Great Invocation, meditate, and pray regularly. You could experiment and see what works best for you. And the best part is that most of these techniques could even be applied by non-Pranic Healers.
We hope that this article was helpful and your learnt something helpful. Do let us know in the comments section.
May God’s blessings of peace and rest be with you.